Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day...


P1000538

No one ever tells you that you may spend your first Mother's Day as a mom without a baby in your arms.  

No one ever tells you that you'll be clinging to a stuffed bunny all day instead of dressing your daughter up in bows and pink ruffly dresses.  

No one ever told me any of that, and yet that's where I find myself today.  Yes, its a tough day.  But I have so much to be thankful for in regards to Whitney.  I am so thankful that I got to experience all the things I did with her... the heartburn, the nausea, the moodswings, her kicks and flutters, contractions and giving birth to her.  Most of all, though, I am so thankful that I now know what people mean when they talk about the love between a parent and a child.  When I was younger, I tried to imagine what that might feel like, but I wasn't even close.  Because I Whitney, I have a new level of understanding of God's love for me.  And I am absolutely floored and humbled with that knowledge.  

I've had this candle lit today... right now its sitting beside me as I type.  The sweet scent of gardenias gently wafts my way as breeze from outside blows it in my direction.  A sweet reminder of all the beauty I once held in my arms for only a day... and a glimpse of the promise that she has been restored and renewed, now praising her Jesus forever.

Thank you, Lord for the precious 31 weeks I had of knowing our daughter.  Thank you for your peace that passes all understanding and the knowledge that she is safe in your care now forever.


Hugs From Heaven 
by Charlotte Anselmo 

When you feel a gentle breeze 
Caress you when you sigh 
It's a hug sent from Heaven 
From a loved one way up high. 

If a soft and tender raindrop 
Lands upon your nose 
They've added a small kiss 
As fragile as a rose. 

If a song you hear fills you 
With a feeling of sweet love 
It's a hug sent from Heaven 
From someone special up above. 

If you awaken in the morning 
To a bluebird's chirping song 
It's music sent from Heaven 
To cheer you all day long. 

If tiny little snowflakes 
Land upon your face 
It's a hug sent from Heaven 
Trimmed with Angel lace. 

So keep the joy in your heart 
If you're lonely my dear friend 
Hugs that are sent from Heaven 

A broken heart will mend.   


146 
From the first moment I saw her and held her, I was in love.



2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking today of Whitney, Eli, Tyler, William, and all of the other babies who have mothers on this journey. I tried to imagine what they are doing in Heaven today. I think they are probably all enjoying a glorious day at the feet of Jesus. I like to think that just maybe the blew us a kiss straight from heaven today. Maybe it wasn't the wind we felt brush out cheeks after all! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you! May you always be blessed with the knowledge that you're a mommy to a beautiful girl! Thank you for sharing your story, your journey, and your heart. Remember that Whitney is happy, safe, and home!!
    From...
    A mommy whose arms are empty this Mother's Day too

    ReplyDelete