Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

P1010807

Happy Father's Day to my baby daddy.  It really sucks that you can't hold your daughter on your first Father's Day.  It really sucks you didn't get a card with scribbles from her on it.  It really sucks that all you get is a picture frame filled with memories of the past instead of a picture frame waiting to be filled with moments in the future.  I love you.  You are a dad, even though I know you don't feel like it... You are Whitney's Daddy.  I know she loves you and could hear you talk to her.  I cherish the daddy/daughter dates I got to overhear when you talked to my tummy late at night.  I love you, my baby daddy.



2 comments:

  1. I totally love the frame what a sweet reminder of who Whitney meant to you! I love the poem..so simply yet so deep and the tiny feet..wow simply beautiful. Tiny feet of a beautiful angel! I want you to know Shey that I comepletely agree with you. Once a daddy/mommy, always a mommy/daddy. Just because you can't have her in your arms right now she will forever live in your hearts and Sean must remember that this is not the end. Whitney is waiting for you guys in heaven to be reunited excpet this time, you'll never part again:D Sean is and always will be a Whitney's daddy! We celebrate her life because even though it was short lived, it made a huge impact on this world like the poem says! She touched my life! I missed my grandfather on this father's day. I lost him last yr and still can't get over his death. Honesty I probably never will. I will forever have a whole in my heart that yearns to see and kiss him again in Heaven but the Lord fills that whole in the mean time with strength and even joy to get through each day! I have all the beuatiful memories we shared together. Hold on to those memories you have with Whitney such as Sean talking to her through your tummy! Those memories keep them alive in our hearts! I want the next generation to know my grandfather the same way I kn ow you want the world to know Whitney! God bless you guys. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful...I love the Angel Baby quote...we have that several places in our home and in scrapbooks... I know we have talked about how it is important to grieve with a purpose. When we are purposeful we allow God to fulfill Romans 8:28... Whitney's purpose is still being carried on...because of her parents---Mom and Dad as a team. If that is not a wonderful legacy to leave the world, I don't know what is! Hooray Whitney Jill, you rock those baby feet! Hugs to you both and a big angel kiss to Whitney (p.s. WJ, could you blow a kiss Ashley's way---thanks big girl!)

    ReplyDelete