Monday, June 28, 2010

What's In A Name?


Tree_whitneyI've mentioned a lot in our blog posts this thing called a "Name Gallery."  A lot of you may be wondering, what the heck is it?  I woundered that too the first time I saw one.

Before I had Whitney, I saw some baby loss blogs with the name gallery, and I didn't really 'get it'.  But the second Whitney was born and I went home with empty arms, I 'got it.'  Having someone send a picture with your baby's name on it means that for the time it took to snap a picture, someone else was thinking of your baby.  And that means the world to a mom who can no longer hold her little one. 

If you want to do this and are not quite sure what to do... here's the scoop:  If you're somewhere cool (like the beach on vacation) and you think about it, would you write Whitney's name somewhere, snap a picture and send it to me?  Or if you see the name "Whitney" on a street sign, billboard, etc, you can do the same.  You can also write her name in creative ways... on flowers... with blocks or magnets, etc.  My email address is:

sheyennew (at) gmail (dot) com

I'll then add her picture to the name gallery, along with a little bit of info on who sent it to us.  I'm eventually going to print these all off in a photo book, as a reminder of all the wonderful people who loved Whitney.  

You can see all of her name pictures HERE in her name gallery.  



No comments:

Post a Comment