Saturday, October 13, 2012

CYG: After Loss Self Portrait


Fridge
This is my fridge at the moment.  You can see Gia's most recent drawings proudly displayed, and right in the middle is a photocopy of Whitney's footprints, along with the name & phone number of the tattoo artist who is going to permanently draw them on my skin. (That's the purple dot... figured Ron didn't want the whole interwebs to have his cell phone number.) The perfect mingling of loss and restoration.  Grace and redemption.  And God's eternal goodness displayed on my fridge right now.  (Thank-you God for these simple, daily reminders of what you have brought us through.)
Afterloss3
This picture was taken before the first Walk to Remember that Sean & I attended.  We drove down to L.A. to attend a Walk that one of my online Baby Loss Mommy friends was hosting.  She asked me to be the speaker for the event and I was thrilled!  I was also very newly pregnant with Gianna!  So this is a very precious picture for me.  We weren't telling too many people about the pregnancy at this point, but you can see a little bit of a 12 week or so belly here.  This whole season was such a collision of emotions... joy and grief in their entangled, elaborate dance.  
Afterloss
This was at the String of Pearls retreat in Frisco, Colorado that I attended in November 2010.  Still just 16 weeks pregnant with Gia, I was able to meet the two most amazing women I know.  They both walked my journey of loss with me, loving and praying for me from across the country.  God. is. so. good.
Afterloss1
This is a selfie I took while in Colorado... this California girl was SO STOKED to see snow.  It was beautiful and absolutely breathtaking.  
Afterloss2
Finally, one more "after loss" portrait.  I took this picture of us on Christmas Day.  After opening our presents and stuff, Sean & I headed out to Whitney's Lake.  It was so beautiful that afternoon.  We wished so much that we were still at home, knee deep in wrapping paper and playing with a 7 month old baby girl.  But instead, it was just us.  We were grateful to have each other, and to have "our" place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment