Sunday, October 14, 2012

CYG: Before Loss Self Portrait



Before loss 1
This is a picture that my dad took of me while we were in Germany, the summer of 2001.  My whole family went on a European vacation that was a whirlwind art tour of some of the greatest museums in the world.  It was truly spectacular, and the trip of a lifetime.  I'd always had the wanderlust bug lying dormant in my soul, and this trip awakened it.  It was such a beautiful summer, one that I'll always remember.  It has nothing really to do with baby loss, other than the fact that it is a good reminder of the "me" I was before.  
Before loss
Here's another "before loss" picture.  We were such babies in this picture!  It was taken either shortly before or shortly after we were married (I don't quite remember!).  Sometimes after loss, a marriage can get lost.  Husband and wife can begin to war against each other, rather than fighting for one another.  But I am so thankful for this man, my husband.  Throughout our whole pregnancy with Whitney, Sean was by my side 100% and then some.  The entire experience brought us closer together than I could have ever imagined.  He is the only one in the whole world who knows exactly how I feel about losing Whitney, and I am thankful for the nights he holds me while I cry.  I'm thankful for the unexpected times he mentions her name.  And I'm thankful for the joy with which we recall God's goodness in the midst of that trial.  We were both different people before our loss, but thankfully and only by the grace of God, we have changed together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment