Monday, December 7, 2009

She can hear!

Well, another whirlwind of a week is over and we are now into another week with more unknowns.  Last Friday we went and saw another doctor who wanted to do his own ultrasound.  To be honest this is becoming so exhausting knowing that every time we see Whitney we know that something is wrong and there is nothing we can do to fix it.  This last ultrasound really took the wind out of our sails (not that there was much to begin with).  The doctor told us that she had noticed that a part of Whitney's brain was missing, which we really have no idea what that means other than its missing.  We are also in limbo between doctor's and who is going to continue the care for Sheyenne and Whitney.  As always we know that God is in control and that he will be glorified through this process.


This past weekend was special for me.  We went to church as usual for our Saturday night service and we were blessed to have a guest singer, who was so so good.  He began the service singing my absolute favorite song "O Holy Night," and then for our special music time he sang my second favorite Christmas song "Little Drummer Boy."  During the service I really enjoyed those songs and loved worshiping Christ though them.  After church Sheyenne and I went out to eat dinner at a little sushi place by our house and somehow she mentioned that our baby can now begin to hear things that are going on outside of the womb.  I then began to think that she is totally apart of our lives and everything going on around us.  I love that my baby got to hear such beautiful music that is directed towards the birth of another baby, one that left perfection and came to this world. 


This Christmas season has already been more challenging than I could ever have imagined.  I was drawn to tears yesterday as I got out our stockings and hurt so badly inside knowing that all I want is to put one up for my daughter, and in that moment I lost hope.  I must remember that this is the season of hope, the time when God sent His son into the world, the time when hope finally was given a face.  The first verse of this song sums up this season, and I pray that we all may not forget what this is truly about.



O holy night! The stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of Our dear Saviour's birth.
Long lay the world In sin and error pining,
'Til He appear'd And the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope The weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks A new and glorious morn.


No comments:

Post a Comment