Tuesday, February 2, 2010

29 Weeks and Counting

100_9995
100_9996
 I can't believe I am in the end stretch of my pregnancy... I'll be 30 weeks on Friday!  January went by way too fast.  I kind of had a little breakdown on the 31st, when I realized just how crazy fast another 4 weeks went by.  We're getting to the point where we are having to make decisions that we've been putting off for a while... two sets of birth plans (one for if Whitney's heart is still beating when I'm ready to deliver, and one for if it is not), directions for comfort care if Whitney is born alive (please, God!) and a host of other things that are not so fun.  I'd rather be decorating a nursery.  We are meeting with a social worker from Angel Babies hospice on Friday.  While I am not exactly looking forward to this meeting, I do think she will be able to answer a LOT of questions that we have.  I am so thankful for the supportive agencies that we have found.  

As you can see from the pictures, Whitney is growing!  Praise God!  But because she has no amniotic fluid, I don't think she's able to move much anymore.  I have gone days without feeling a real 'kick'... only little flutters every now and then.  Needless to say, it makes me worried. I rented a heartbeat monitor online this weekend and will hopefully get it soon... But again, like so much of life, I have no real say in anything!  I just have to keep trusting that God's timing in bringing Whitney into the world will be perfect.  But I'm just not ready to lose her yet. 

I go to the dr. again on Thursday.  We haven't been able to get in for another ultrasound to check her growth.  However, our dear friends, Megan and Jimmy gave us a gift certificate for a 3-D ultrasound of Whitney!  I am so excited to do that!  Thanks so much friends!  We are going to schedule it when we go to the dr. this week!  Oh!  And other exciting news... my mom is coming to visit next week!!  Yes, next week!  She wanted to come spend some time with me and Whitney while I am still pregnant.  And of course, Sean too.  :-)  I can't wait for her to come!  I am so thankful my dad offered to fly her back here... its no easy trip from Cairo to Fresno!  I am really looking forward to her visit.  

Other than that, I've just been trying to get our house in shape for the family we will have coming in the next few months.  As spread out as our families are, we are so blessed to have them planning to come and be with us after Whitney's birth.  

Love you all, and thanks for your prayers.  I keep thinking of the words in the song "I Will Carry You"... 

"I've shown her photographs of time beginning,
Walked her through the parted seas
Angel lullabies, no more teary eyes,
WHO COULD LOVE HER LIKE ME?"



2 comments:

  1. Doesn't time fly by so fast?! I am sure you will have so much fun with the 3-D ultrasound! Praying for your family + Whitney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiration to all you and Sean are.........Love you both......praying for you both and Whitney.

    ReplyDelete