Thursday, April 29, 2010

So I Will Sing To You Lord

My mom sent me these pictures of Whitney's name that she painted on a wall in the desert of Egypt.  Cool, right!  She recently went on a women's retreat, it was actually the weekend of Whitney's due date.  Here's a little excerpt from her email that tells more about it...

The place we went to is in the desert and is called Anafora. By the time we arrived, it was getting dusk out. Once off the highway, we traveled down a narrow track between rows of palm trees and fruit trees. We had to go through two gates... It is so quiet there...and lovely. ... All day Friday, as we worshipped and sang, and prayed, tears ran down my face. And an amazing thing happened. As my tears welled up and overflowed, a breeze from the open window would sweep gently across my face and dry my tears! 



I want you to know that within the retreat center is a place called the guest book. It is a little room at the bottom of the circular stairwell. In this little room are water colors and brushes. Anyone who wants to is invited to paint on the walls. It can be anything. Once the walls are covered in art, then they take photos for an album and repaint them white again. 



As little Whitney was so on my mind, God was ministering to me through my tears... and the sadness I was carrying became joy. I was drawn to this little room to leave Whitney's name beneath something someone else had already painted, "So I will sing to you Lord"



I shared with the women in my prayer circle that this was a special day for us...so a Canadian, Americans, a Dutchwoman, and a German prayed for you guys and for me. It was beautiful hearing the prayers in so many different accents of English! I love you !  Mom




Isn't my mom the best? I love her. Here are the beautiful pictures she took of Whitney's sweet name...

Whitney-Mom 




Whitney-Mom2 

  



Psalm 95
  1 Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; 
       let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
 



You can see this picture and others like it in Whitney's Name Gallery... just click the photo below:






2 comments:

  1. Yes, your mom is the best. But so are you. Two moms with the same faithful, loving hearts.

    ReplyDelete