Thursday, February 10, 2011

One year ago...

 
For the last three days I (sean) have been frantically packing up the house getting ready to move back to Cincinnati and wait for our dear girl Gianna to be born.  In the midst of all the packing and life change, I have known in the back of my mind what has been coming up on the calendar and so I thought today I would give my body a break and let my mind and heart be exersiced as I think back to Whitney's short life with me and her mom.  Of course with my house being a mess and boxes thrown everywhere I decided to get away from the chaos and go to Starbucks to write my thoughts.  This was a wise decision, until I reread what we wrote a year ago and had to fight back every ounce of emotion that was wanting to come out and put me into the category of "strange guy in the corner of starbucks crying". 


Words cannot really be used to describe the last two years of our lives.  I will spare the details because they aren't really fun, but it is safe to say we have experienced many ups and downs.  I remember 2 July's ago being at Spirit West Coast with my friend Jimmy and telling him that I thought Sheyenne was pregnant.  It was a gut feeling because she had not told me anything pointing to her being aware that she was pregnant. While we were away, Sheyenne called me and told me that she had a surprise waiting at home.  Being the typical guy, I thought she had finally caught on to all the signs that I wanted a surround sound system.  So we came home and she had laid out these "clues" to what the surprise was going to be.    100_9374 100_9377 100_9378

I saw all 3 of these things and the basketball was the only one that made sense pointing to my surround sound.  



No comments:

Post a Comment