Friday, February 18, 2011

RAOK Day Recap- Part Three

Holly S.


Thanks so much for allowing us to be a part of Whitney's birthday celebration.  We made sugar cookies from scratch, then decorated them.  We put them in bags and had Tony give them to the other assistant managers he works with.  They LOVED them!!!  I also took the chance to decorate a cookie by spelling Whitney's name.  I included that picture too, for your name gallery.  Some of the sprinkles weren't the best color, but I think you can still see her name in it.  Enjoy!  Praying that God gives you a smooth move.


Holly Streck 


Idette W. & Kids


Hi Sean & Shey, Wanted to let you know what we did for Whitney's 1st b-day. We spent yesterday afternoon making Valentine day cards and cupcakes. We decided as a family we wanted to take them to Orchard Retirement living. It was perfect, we went over there this afternoon and they were have their Valentine Social. Sad thing there was no family visiting. The kids handed out the cards. An older man took to Alicia I think. They all kept asking who we were with and where we were from.Alicia kept saying around Fresno.lol 


It was so sweet, when Jacob was handing out some cards to some ladies sitting at a table another lady in a wheel chair left her table, came over and asked if she could have one. It touched Jacob's heart. He said yes of course and gave her and her friend one. The Womens eyes lit up and they smiled when they gave them the cards. I'm posting some pics of the kids making cards and passing them out. How I missed the cupcakes I don't know. They came out so cute too. Any how thank you for this wonderful Blessing. We realized as a family it's something we want to do more of. Blessings and we will remember this always.


Idette1


Idette2


Idette6


Jeff & Sara C.


What a WONDERFUL idea. I know it's a little early...but I did my ROAK in honor of Whitney Jill (or one of them) yesterday.  I cleared the snow off my neighbors driveway and sidewalks.  
 


Jodi P. (A Nurse Friend of Our's When Whitney Was Born)
Hi Sheyenne, in honor of Whitney, my kids and I treated two people to a paid order when they came in to pick up their pizza. Instead of a bill, they got a ROAK card from your blog.


Jodi


 


Katy M.

Katy is a great friend who also happens to be my wonderful hair stylist.  She treated me to a shampoo and style on Whitney's Birthday!  I'd say that counts as a Random Act of Kindness!!


 
Kelly K.


Kelly also crocheted several hats for Caps for Good.  We have a great stash of hats to send in to them!! 


 


Kim H. (Whitney’s Nana)


I did not know I was going to be able to be in the US for Whitney's ROAK party, so I was pretty excited to participate on this continent! I bought a $31 Quick Trip Gas Card...31 because that is how many weeks Whitney lived before going home to Jesus. And Quick Trip, because that is about Sheyenne's favorite drink stop in Oklahoma and Missouri. I looked everywhere we went yesterday for the right person to give it to. I would say, Lord...is it her? What about that couple? I wound up the end of the day with my card in my purse still. Today, Megan and I went shopping, and again, no one jumped out. But tonight, we had the kindest waitress I have had in a long time. Before we went to dinner, I prayed that I would know WHO to give it to. I was so excited to be able to give it to her. We left it with the tip at the table. That was a lot of fun. I also took the time to dead head some flowers in the flower pots outside one of the stores we went in today. I did not even care that people probably thought I was weird. :)
 



Kimberly Walsh
 


For my RAOK I tried all day for something. We were prepping for a trip and each suggestion my BIL thwarted. I realized why when we pulled in to Maverick to fuel up and I saw this sweet young couple in an Explorer. They had 2 infant seats in the car and had to be early twenties. He had $40 in his hand for gas which I knew would not fill his tank. So I asked to buy his gas. The whole time he tried to stop it at first 20, then 40. And he kept trying to pay me back. Finally I explained the importance to me of the day and the act and told him to do something special for his wife. A full tank later he drove away and my heart felt very full.



Kristi B.


The boys and I planted some flowers at a random house, then we gifted a dress to a 12-month old little girl.  We also sent flowers and a card to a friend who shares the same birthday as Whitney!


Kristi1
Kristi2
Kristi3


Linda M. (Whitney's Delivery Nurse) 
Planted a Rose of Sharon tree outside of her window in memory of Whitney.



No comments:

Post a Comment