Friday, February 18, 2011

RAOK Day Recap- Part Four

Megan, Mandy & Christine
Some of my wonderful friends from church sent Whitney these beautiful roses for her birthday!  We came home from running around town and found them on our doorstep!  Thank you so much, friends!!


P1030466

Melissa J.


There was an older woman at the pharmacy who was shakingly counting her money. Her total was 6.50 and she didn't have enough. She was going to choose to put back her or her husband's medicine. Everyone was just staring at her, so i stepped up to the register to pay for her. She looked at me, said thank you and with her hands shaking she tried to give me her 5 dollars and change. I told her to keep it, and she was incredulous. It was awesome!



Nancy O.


Hi Shey. My act of kindness for Whitney is a donation of a Clay Matthews signed picture that I won after Superbowl. I'm giving it to the Leroy Butler Foundation that helps women with breast cancer.


Aunt Nancy
Rejeana B. 
In honor Whitney Jill, Ron and I cleaned and decorated the gravesite of another Whitney. This was in Valley Memorial Park Cemetery, Coolidge, AZ. As soon as we learn the exact location of another baby named Whitney whose remains are in a Mesa cemetery, we will do the same there.  (Before and After Pictures:)


From Rejeana Before

From Rejeana After


Sara C.
Since I can crochet and have an abundance of unused yarn, I decided to crochet some caps for Caps for Good! I've only finished three so far (pic is attached), but I'm planning on making more this weekend and mailing them all in next week. I'll send another photo of all of them. 


This is such a fun way to celebrate Whitney's life--you're such great parents! I'm praying for you, your families, and for little Gia! 


Thanks for the inspiration--


Sara


Sara Corman



Sam H. (Whitney’s Papa Sam)


Before leaving to go back to Egypt, I had breakfast at a cafe and also purchased a gift card.  I gave it to the guard standing outside, and she was pretty shocked!  At lunch, I left a generous tip for my waitress and before checking out of the hotel, I left our housekeeper $31.31.  It was a lot of fun doing these RAOK’s today in honor of Whitney!


 


Shannon


I baked banana bread for the meeting I went to in the morning - and I put Whitney's label in front of it. Then my daughter and I ate Subway with my mom and we always get three cookies and then my mom pays me for hers - I wouldn't let her pay me this time and gave her one of Whitney's labels. My daughter was sick, so I didn't get to go anywhere else, but we ordered pizza for dinner and I tipped the delivery guy extra and gave him one of Whitney's cards.


 


Sandi M.


Made some "encouragement" phone and email contacts, but had to defer much of what I wanted to do - still too hard to get out of our lane. Thought about Miss Whitney Jill all day and prayed, and plan to continue RAOK through the weekend. Who knows - it could even become a way of life... Much love.


 


Tina F.


1 - i'm going to start reading the bible to my son every night. i can't believe i haven't already!! what a beautiful day to begin!!
2 - there's always lots of junk food at work, today, i'm getting a 'bunch' of fruit for my co-workers


 



No comments:

Post a Comment