Friday, February 18, 2011

RAOK Day Recap- Part Two

Annie B.


I donated 1 crochet blanket on behalf of Whitney Jill yesterday to project Linus which is a charitable organization that gives hospital blankets to seriously ill or traumatized children. I did manage to get a picture of it before I made the donation, its yellow and white. I attached one of the ROAK cards to it so they would know what it was for and I dropped it off at Milton Hospital yesterday!


Then we baked 6 dozen cookies and delivered 3 dozen of  them to the Fire Department and 3 dozen cookies to the Police/EMS department with little ROAK cards attached.Then we gave a dozen cookies to my neighbours houses as well.
 


Annie Rouse-B


Ashley Y.


I just wanted to share my random act of kindness with you in honor of your daughter! My husband's cousin has been sending us lots of updates about her nephew Cade over the past few months. He is 6 months old and has been in and out of the hospital the past few months. He has an extremely rare form of diabetes, caught a terrible virus, and has basically been barely able to keep anything down since December. They first tried bottle feeds an oz. at a time, he would get sick, then they went to tube feedings which worked for a while and then he started rejecting those, and was just had some type of tube surgically put in yesterday which he seems to be doing awesome with so far. He gets to go home this weekend and I know this has been so rough on all of his family members.


I sent Kelly (the aunt) a card in the mail for encouragement and I sent her brother and sister-in-law (the parents) a gift card for a meal. I am sure they have so much to worry about and I didn't want dinner to be one of them. 


This is such an awesome idea and way to remember your sweet baby girl! I will definitely be participating every year! Thanks so much!
 


Candy Z.


I just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you and your hubby and beautiful baby being honored today. What you are doing is amazing. I am here at the PCC center and saw the invitation for RAOK and this is a wonderful idea. I am looking forward to doing all kinds of things to honor Whitney today. Have a wonderful day!




Carol D. 


Carol crocheted 31 hats for Caps for Good in memory of Whitney!


P1030426 


Christina B.


Today, to honor Whitney Jill’s first year in Heaven, Darin, Jaythan, and I made Chocolate brownie cookies with valentine chocolate chips. We bagged them in cellophane valentine bags and gave them out to 31 unsuspecting people. We even put one in the mailbox for our postal worker with a Happy Valentines note.  It was so much fun and such a blessing for our hearts to see the smiles of people who were truly shocked to receive an unexpected kindness.  


We also bought a red tulip plant, a special card of encouragement, and a box of Valentine chocolates for our neighbor and friend, Natalie, who just had her first baby last week. Natalie also lost a baby girl (named Samantha) at 27 weeks gestation about a year and a half ago. She is doing well and her new baby, Miles, is a blessing.  Jaythan and I surprised her today with the flowers and chocolates, and we were happy to learn that red tulips are her favorite flower. We think God had a hand in helping us pick out the tulips ;-).  


Thank you, Sheyenne, Sean, and Whitney, for allowing us to be a part of this special celebration. We hope to continue these Random Acts of Kindness every day-intentionally looking for special and unique opportunities to bless others with the Love of Jesus.  Happy Heaven Day, Sweet Whitney!! Give Savannah our love!


pastedGraphic.pdf


pastedGraphic.pdf


pastedGraphic.pdf


Connie Skinner (Whitney's Great Grandma & Grandpa)


Just a note to let you know that we spent Whitney Jill's bd. calling on shut-ins and remembering our great-granddauughter, her parents, grandparents and families.


Love you and pray for strength and peace for you as you begin  another journey and say farewell to the present  ride.  Know it is difficult but remember you are never alone an d help is near.


Crystal J.

I prayed for two weeks about what we 
could do to celebrate Whitney's birthday.  I sent out a note to some of our friends and family who are joining us. We are each putting together some money and I will be buying bibles in honor of Whitney. We have several friends who are in Kijabe, Kenya who have asked for bibles. They are currently in the states and going back in about 3 months. So, we are collecting money and sending as many bibles as we can to Kijabe, Kenya. This way... those Raok will be through and for eternity. Someday when we all get to heaven, we will find out who came to know the Lord because of those bibles and because of Whitney Jills life!


Dawn New


So, I knew I wanted to participate with you guys but was hesitant to commit because my four kids keep me pretty busy & I was afraid it would slip my mind. I now live in my hometown of Eufaula, Oklahoma & we did not have school today but we did have pt conferences... I've thought all day about what I could do from small town America... I came up with plenty of ideas but no good opportunity because I was stuck at the school (as a teacher)...


Anyways, fast forward through the day & it's now 8:45pm & I'm feeling a bit like a failure. Then, I have to meet my ex at a gas station to pick up my daughter & fill up my tank for a trip to OKC tomorrow... On my way in, it hits me that this was my chance! I get to the gas station & fill up my tank & Shelby gets in. I got back in the car & just waited! Shelby was anxious to get home but I told her that I needed to fill someones tank up. A few minutes later a car pulled in & I hopped out & asked her if I could fill up her tank & she was COMPLETELY baffled. She just paused, looked puzzled & said ".....why?" I told her it was a random act of kindness in honor of a sweet baby girl named Whitney Jill & she hesitantly agreed! I activated the gas pump with my card & told her to be sure to fill it up! Once I made sure it was ready to go, I looked at her & she looked back at me with tears running down her cheeks & said "thankyou so much! you could not have had better timing. You are an angel!" I said you're welcome, thanked her for allowing me to help & told her that Whitney was the angel! It made my day! Thankyou for your hearts for Christ & this amazing way to honor your precious girl & for inviting me to be a part of it!


 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment