Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 5: Reminders

Day 5: Do you ever get subtle reminds of your angel(s)? If so what what are they?


I do get reminders of Whitney every now and then.  When we lived in California, reminders of her were everywhere.  And I loved it.  There were a lot of "Whitney Avenues" around Fresno-- we lived off of Whitney Ave!  So I'd get reminders of her almost on a daily basis.  While I was pregnant with Whit, we were intentional about making memories with her... things that were special to us at the time.  The morning that we went to the hospital to have Whitney, the trees across our street had just burst into beautiful white blooms--seemingly overnight, like they appeared just to celebrate her life.  I haven't seen any of those trees here in Mid America yet.  But they always remind me of Whitney. 


I love when people email pictures of Whitney's name for her name gallery.  Those always seem to come at just the right time, when I really miss her.  After we moved, I was telling Sean that I was kind of disappointed that I hadn't found any "Whitney" pictures around town.  There were reminders everywhere in Fresno (remember how her name was written in cement on our back patio?!) and I was struggling with how to keep her memory here.  He kept telling me, "Just wait.  It will come." 


A few weeks after that conversation, we got my new license plate in the mail.  I was so shocked when I saw it... Sean got me a personalized license plate that says "WHITTY J".... there's a little bit of a story to this reminder.  After Whitney died, Sean began to write a children's book series about a girl named Whitty J who was a clever young girl who liked to solve mysteries.  Her name is Whitney Jill, but her friends call her Whitty J (get it, 'witty'?).  It was therapeutic for Sean to write the Whitty J story... he could imagine what she would look like, what she would say, wear, do, etc.  He hasn't written any in a long time because he said its just too painful to think about her now.  But I love the first story he wrote... maybe some day I can share it on here.  Its kind of like Ladybug Girl meets Nancy Drew for little kids.  Really cute.  Anyways, that's the story behind the license plate.  I love it.  Now I have a sweet reminder of Whitney everywhere I go!  And she is 'with' us in thought wherever we go, too!


P1090319


Other reminders of Whitney that pop up here and there include ladybugs, white lillies, the Olive Garden, and black and white damask print.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment