Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Psalm of my heart

O Lord my God, I cry out to you day and night


O God of mercy and understanding I extol you to heal my broken heart for it weeps with the tears of sorrow


O Lord my rock you have shielded me from my enemies before but now it seems that you are hidden from my grief


I cry out to you day and night but I never hear you answer


I search you out in the darkest places but I never find your presence


O Lord my God why do my enemies succeed in attacking the very core of my being


O God of refuge I lay out my prayers before you


I send to you each petition for strength enclosed in the tears that fall from my face


Do not forsake me my God, Do not forsake this child of yours


I cry out that you free me from this state of sorrow, that you will set this captive free from this prison that surrounds me


For you are the God who sets prisoners free, the God who heals the broken


How can I stop from praising your name, even as the world comes crashing down


You have created in my heart the desire to see your beauty, and I need to see it again


Heal me O God, the God who touched the leper’s face


The God who has blessed me with your grace



1 comment:

  1. Psalms 147:3 " He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."
    I have a song i would like for you to listen to. Heres the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TImNWY1tzFo
    AND HERE ARE THE WORDS.....
    WHEN I CRY- MARSHALL HALL
    Makin’ a list of all of the good things You’ve done for me
    Lord, I’ve never been one to complain
    But right now I’m lost and I can’t find my way
    My world’s come apart and it’s breakin’ my heart
    But it helps to know Your heart is breakin’ too
    When I cry, You cry
    When I hurt, You hurt
    When I’ve lost someone
    It takes a piece of You, too
    And when I fall on my face
    You fill me with grace
    ‘Cause nothin’ breaks Your heart
    Or tears You apart
    Like when I cry
    Alone in the dark, face in my hands, crying out to You
    Lord, there’s never been a time in my life
    There’s so much at stake, there’s so much to lose
    But I trust it to You
    You’ll bring me through
    And it helps me to know that I’m not alone
    You’re the one who calmed the raging sea
    You’re the one who made the blind to see
    You looked through all of heaven and eternity
    And through it all you saw me…
    When I cry, You cry
    When I hurt, You hurt
    And when I’ve lost someone it takes a piece of You, too
    When I fall on my face, You fill me with grace
    Nothing breaks your heart, or tears you apart
    Like when I cry
    BE BLESSED....i`m praying for you and Sean.
    Grace Mbuthia.

    ReplyDelete