Sunday, March 21, 2010

What's In A Name?

Two posts in one day after a week-long absence?  Woo hoo.  :-)

Quite a few of the baby loss blogs I've read have something called a 'name gallery.'  Before Whitney was born, I really didn't get it.  Its basically pictures taken by friends/family/blog readers of their baby's name... some of the names are just happened upon on road signs or cafe' doors, some written in the snow or sand, and even other more creative ones spelled out in legos or flower petals or doodled on a napkin.  There are websites of wonderful people who will write your baby's name in the sand and take a picture at sunset (they're beautiful- check 'em out here) or write your baby's name on a rock by a waterfall. I thought it was sweet but didn't really understand the point.  

Can I just say that I TOTALLY. Get. It. now.  Having someone email you a picture with your baby's name on it says that at least for those few moments, they were thinking of your baby.  So here's the deal... if you're ever driving down the road and see a "Whitney Avenue" or you see her name on a product label, would you snap a quick pic and email it to me?  Or if you vacation at the beach or get a ton of snow, would you write her name with a stick or food coloring (fun in the snow!) and send it to me?  It would mean so much.  :-)  I am going to start a "name gallery" for Whitney.  I'll put them together and link them up on the side once I get a few.   Doesn't have to be fancy or artsy.  Thanks, friends.  :-)

I"ll start with one I took on a walk a few weeks ago.  :-)

WhitneyAve 

 



4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! As a matter of fact...I thought of you guys yesterday cause I was going through my documents trying to delete what I didn't need and came accross my babyshower address list with fresno/clovis addresses. I noticed that one of my friends lives on Whitney Rd and I smiled because I thought of your beautiful baby girl! I'll def keep my eyes open..I normally catch these things!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, My name is Jennifer. I found your blog on babycenter from a post that you commented on. Sunday was a month that we lost our Eli. We delivered at 32 weeks. He had Potter's syndrome. We also found out at our 20 week u/s about Eli's condition. I am sorry that we are having to go through this. No mother or father should.
    In christ,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat idea! I'll keep an eye out for her name for you (and for my Elizabeth, of course :)!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The name of your child surely effect the way your child grows up as it is his identity and he is recognized by it.

    ReplyDelete