Sunday, March 7, 2010

Just The Same

199b I saw this poem today and loved it.  I changed it just a bit to fit us... 


Just The Same

I never got to hold you as you bounced upon my lap,
I never got to sing to you or watch you as you nap.
You slipped away so quickly, before I said your name.
And yet I want the world to know I love you just the same.
    - by Anne Peterson


We miss Whitney so much... so much has happened this past week that we wish our baby girl was here to do with us.  Thursday would have been her 1-month birthday.



4 comments:

  1. Someone just gave me this on a glass plaque...I LOVED it the moment I read it. It's just perfect! I was going to send it to you in the next few days...but you beat me to it. :) We miss our Rachel too...I UNDERSTAND how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Short and sweet. Can't believe it's been a month already. You guys continue to amaze me and I know that God is the one making the difference in your lives! Hugs from Florida:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know me, but I just had to say I am praying so fervently for you both. Please know that there are people out there, even those you've never met, who are lifting you up continually. I know that just knowing others care won't take away the pain you are enduring as you are walking this road, but I still hope you know--others really do care. Your story really is making a difference. It is.
    Truly praying God's blessings over you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I am sitting here in awe of you guys..your faith in the Lord is astounding to me. We think about Whitney here in Ohio too..we are friends with Clayton and Holly and we met you guys once in NC. We remember because Sean was wearing a Buckeye jersey, and we are huge fans! I have a daughter with special needs and was told to abort her too. "She will not have a good life" is what they said. All our children are perfect to us, and perfect in his image. We are praying for you...thank you so much for sharing your incredible journey with us. Much love from strangers...
    kristan

    ReplyDelete