Monday, December 6, 2010

Community

Reverb 2010- Day 7


December 7 – Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011? 


Surprisingly, I have found an incredible source of community from an online group on the Babycenter Community boards.  I mentioned them here in my Resources page.  There are several "groups" that I am a member of online, but its generally the same group of women in all of them.  All of them are moms who have carried a pregnancy despite an adverse prenatal diagnosis, and all of them have lost their babies. Baby Center Button  Baby Center Community-  


If there is one thing I have learned about community, it is that you don't have to be in close proximity in order to connected by your very souls.  All you need is common experience and a desire to know that you are not alone.  That's how I came across the Carrying To Term group-- I was looking for other women like me, with whom I could hopefully relate.  


I have been extremely blessed this year to have several of my "online" friends become "real life" friends, by meeting in person.  It was so great to hug their necks, talk about our babies, and lend our unspoken support to each other through understanding and tears.  Community is one of God's greatest gifts to his children, and for us to not partake in it is a huge tragedy.  We are missing out on an integral part of what it means to be the Body of Christ.  


P1030025


P1030089
 


P1030078




No comments:

Post a Comment