Thursday, December 2, 2010

Writing

Reverb '10- Day Two


December 2 – Writing. What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it? 


This one is easy... media multitasking.  Usually when I am writing on this blog or anything else, I have a million other things going too... TV, Radio, phone calls... whatever.  I could blame this on being a product of the MTV Generation, but I'm not really one to pass blame onto ambiguous pop culture labels.  


I think its largely due in part to laziness and a lack of discipline.  I enjoy unwinding with "noise" around me (strange, I know) and would rather sit on my couch than at the kitchen table.  I dream of the day when I have a beautiful 'writing room'... I know there is so much more in my head that I want to write about... much of it in relation to what I have learned this year (and am continuing to learn) with Whitney.  


Ian Fleming (author of the infamous James Bond series) retreated to Goldeneye, his private estate in Oracabessa, Jamaica to pen all 13 of Bond books.  Just look at this place... I mean, who couldn't write a New York Times bestseller in a place like this??


Goldeneye


That's great for people who have a jet-setting lifestyle and billion-dollar bduget.  But my creative jucies require something a little more elegant and down to earth.  In my dream world, my writing room would look something like Shaunna's Ethereal writing room.  Just check out this heavenly writer's space:


Writing room


I could definitely craft some words to coincide with my feelings on that beautiful homemade daybed! She even has a beautiful Writing Bath to go along with this space...


Writing bath
Well, you simply must go check out her amazing space. Maybe some day I'll have a writing room to.. you know, write in.  And my stereo will only be allowed to play Yiruma, Lizst, Beethoven and other composers like that.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment