Friday, December 3, 2010

Moment

Reverb '10- Day Three


December 3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).


One very obvious moment sticks out in my head from this past year.  The first one is the day Whitney was born.  I wrote about that day in detail HERE, but it was such an oxymornonic clash of emotions.  On the one hand, feeling the pain of childbirth (albeit thankfully mellow compared to some horror stories I've heard) made me feel more alive than I'd ever felt.  Like my body was experiencing the culmination of all it was meant to do as a woman.  But simultaneously, a part of me was dying... the part that had cultivated so many dreams and wishes for my first-born.  Indeed, a strange crux of my existence.  



No comments:

Post a Comment