Saturday, December 4, 2010

Wonder

Reverb 2010 Day Four


December 4 – Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?


When I first saw this prompt, I kind of thought it was silly at first... who has time for a sense of wonder in this busy world?  But then I thought about what having a sense of wonder truly means.... And to me, it means appreciating the moment; taking in the fullness of beauty found in the every day.  And when I thought about it that way, I really think I have a good balance of keeping the wonder in my life.


In a year full of such precious, fleeting moments, I've made a very conscious effort to be present in each second, in every minute.  There's really nothing scientific or complex about how I do that... its just a mental determination to breathe in deeply and fully the beauty of every situation.  And I am so thankful that I have done that this year, instead of letting the days just pass me by. 



No comments:

Post a Comment